Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer cold, simple abundance

Hello My Friend,
So here I am, day 4 of nursing a nasty summer cold. Eyes, nose, throat, sore all over, yes, all my parts are involved. My sympathetic co-workers and friends have all said "Summer colds are the worst!" I don't even know what that means---duration? severity?--- but I've agreed anyway. When I got home yesterday all I wanted to do was crawl under the covers and sleep the germies away. That wasn't to be, however---I had a little boy waiting for me who had caught Mama's cold and was feeling miserable, laundry to get to and dinner to prepare for the one meal we can eat as a family. My wonderful husband had taken care of so many other things that needed doing before I got home, and trust me, I am no martyr, but these things needed getting done, too. I prayed for strength and just got to it. On the other side of these activities, I thought how lucky I was. I had a little boy to snuggle with and share a box of tissues with as WCRB played in the background, I had my own washing machine and clothing to care for, I could come up with a pretty easy but homemade dinner to keep us nourished. From time to time I day dream of being left millions by a long-lost relative but honestly, I was just so happy last evening, nasty summer cold and all, just comforted by this simple abundance. I wish you that comfort, too.
How is this for simple abundance---all the free concerts we can take advantage of in the Greater Boston area?! Remember, the Landmarks Festival is a free, outdoor classical music concert series at the Hatch Shell on the beautiful Charles River Esplanade every Wednesday evening at 7. WCRB's Mark Edwards is your host. Tomorrow night's theme is "Viennese Masters" featuring the music of Haydn and Beethoven. The rain location is Church of the Covenant at the corner of Newbury and Berkley Streets. Sign up for WCRB Mobile and we'll text you if the weather is moving the concert indoors (check out our website for details).
'Til next time,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment