Thursday, May 28, 2009

So Much to Do, So little Time

Hi!
Did you ever say, or even just think to yourself, "I don't know which end is up?" Despite my best efforts at organization and schedule management (and I'm usually good at this) stuff, important stuff, has been getting in the way of an orderly life this week both at work and at home. It's all important, it all has deadlines and the end of the world as we know it will happen if I don't get to it...yesterday. I got to the point running around to do it all this week where I think I forgot to breathe. And then---inspiration! The little voice inside whispered "Turn on 99.5 WCRB!" There it was... a lush and beautiful Ralph Vaughan Williams piece, followed by a dreamy Puccini, then a romantic Tchaikovsky....and as I listened all became right with the world again. Or at least....more manageable. You have told me this for years---that you need your friends Mozart, Chopin, Brahms and Company to relax, re-group, re-energize, and I've agreed. So how did I forget that the classical music cure was just a radio click away this week? I won't be forgetting again.
One person who is pulled in a million directions but somehow gets it all done is Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart. I hope you get to hear him on "Keith's Classical Corner" every Monday through Friday at 8:30. Keith stops by and shares his "musical pick of the day." Sometimes he ties his musical selection to a holiday, composer's birthday, a theme his next Pops concert will be exploring, and sometimes---he chooses music "just because." He's always a font of musical knowledge and speaks in a way everyone can understand. He's always pleasant and fun, and always does our morning exchange with his coffee mug in hand, (black). Hope you'll invite "Keith" into your mornings! And remember, even though the spring Pops season is well underway you can still get tickets to his great concerts. Just visit www.bostonpops.org.
'Til next time,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment