Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day

Hi!
First, Happy Father's Day and kisses to all the fathers, grandfathers, uncles, almost-like-a-fathers, etc. in radioland! Dr. Phil says no one has a greater influence on you, for good or bad, than your same gender parent and I am so lucky to have the mother I have. He also has said that the opposite gender parent is the one who helps shape your sense of self-esteem, how you see and carry yourself, even into adulthood. So thank you my beloved Daddy (Big Carlo), the roses cultivator, the opera fan, the hardest working, most ethical person I've ever known, the writer of gentle, poetic and profound letters, for raising me through the eyes of love. I have learned so much from you and I hope to raise my son the same way. That is my tribute to you. And to my husband James: I knew when we picked each other that you'd be the best father of any I've met of our generation. We have a lucky little boy....

So to honor all the Dads out there we've got a special weekend of programming just for you! We call it "The Fathers of Classical Music" and all the "greats" are represented. You can hear them starting Friday the 19th at 4 and lasting right through Father's Day Sunday. Listen with a Dad you love!

Cheers,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment