Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hi Friends,
How are you doing with this gray week? The rain hasn't been overwhelming, but the cloudy skies with no break for sun and the daily rain threat can color all your plans, can't it? That's why I love hearing from you---having friends around on gloomy-looking days changes everything for the better for me. Practically speaking, I know that for many "dj's" are disembodied voices.... and when you can't see someone in front of you it's hard to believe they're real people... but I assure you I'm real and when I get an e-mail or voice mail, or (my favorite) "snail mail" from you it truly "makes my day." I also know how busy and stressed just about everybody is these days and that makes your taking the time to get in touch with me, with all of us here at WCRB, all the more special and I thank you from my heart.

Here's something else that "makes my day"---the Kids Classical Hour, heard every Saturday morning at 9. We usually take a theme that kids can understand (nature, outer space, toys and games, circus) and explore it so that kids, of all ages, can learn about the joys of classical music. On 6/13 we'll learn about music for kings and queens through the ages. Hope you join me on this fun exploration.

Thanks for "being there!"
Laura

1 comment:

  1. I am relatively new to the Boston area, my husband and I just moved here 18 months ago from North Carolina. One of my favorite stations is WCRB and I love, love, love your program! You are always so "bright eyed and bushy tailed" (one of my grandmother's sayings) each and every morning, and it puts a spring my step!

    ReplyDelete